Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Done (Mostly)

So there is one wrinkle in my System One interface card: the auto-detect doesn't work for some reason.  I'm pretty sure the logic is all there, and I've tested it with QBasic test programs.  I can start the AP software (S1.EXE) from the command line and specify the interface card address with the /I option and then everything is fine.  So at this moment in time I don't fancy digging in deeper to fix this minor issue.  It doesn't stop me using this amazing machine.

A side note: after setting the SystemOne to internal loopback I measure the THD+N as 0.0014% on both channels.  That's a decent 8dB better than the 8903B (about 0.0035%).


No comments:

Post a Comment